Get involved now with the only organization that advocates FOR you: TRTA! Did you know the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) is prohibited from lobbying on your behalf? Vital decisions that impact your pension fund and health insurance plans are dependent solely upon legislative action.
You may join at a local unit!
To find your closest local unit, please contact TRTA or you may visit the local unit directory.
TRTA offers three easy ways to join! Click the Join TRTA button now!
Option 1 - Monthly payroll deduction $2.92 (Diamond Plus Program)
Option 2 - Monthly bank draft $2.92 (Diamond Plus Program)
Option 3 - Annual dues $35.00
TRTA membership year is July 1 - June 30. There are two membership designations: regular and associate. If you are a retired public school district or higher educational institution employee, you are regular member. If you are a person who is interested in retiree or educational issues, such as a friend or a spouse of a member, you are an associate member.
What is the TRTA Diamond Plus Program? To learn more about the program visit www.trtadiamondplus.org. The program provides TRTA member with:
- A permanent membership card
- Personalized attention
- Frequent email updates about TRTA legislative issues
- Eligibility for quarterly prize drawings
- Additional discounts for products and services
- Hassle-free membership renewals (no more paper renewals!)
- Free subscription to the Before the Bell online Texas education blog (email required)