Welcome to the virtual home of Cooke County Retired School Personnel. We are the local Cooke County unit of TRTA, the Texas Retired Teachers Association. Any retired school personnel or annuitant as well as anyone who is interested in education and promoting the welfare of retired educators is welcome to join us. Our state dues are $35 and our local dues are $10 each year.
We strive to support each other in staying active and attending to the needs of our members as well as helping our community. Some of our local goals are:
1. Support the Texas Retired Teachers Association.
2. Safeguard the Texas Retirement System and be actively involved in all legislation affecting the system and retired school personnel.
3. Use our talents , training and experience in educational and spiritual advancement of our community.
4. Seek continuous growth and fulfillment in our own lives.
5. Make meetings a time of learning and fellowship in our own lives.
6. Extend personal attention to retired persons unable to attend meetings.
7. Seek prospective members.
8. Be a volunteer.
Two of our most important projects are our scholarship given to a student at our local community college, North Central Texas College and our Children”s Book Project in which we give a set of Texas Bluebonnet books to a school library in each district in our county. This past year we were honored to partner with the Pentex Energy Charitable Foundation to purchase these books.
Our fall meetings for 2020 will be held virtually on Zoom on the fourth Tuesday of the month beginning in September. They will be accessible through a smartphone, tablet or laptop. You can, also participate without video by phone. Links will be sent out the week before the meetings by email. Make sure we have your current email address if you are attending. The Zoom room will open at 10:00 and official meeting will begin by 10:15.
If we can resume in-person meetings in January 2021, we will plan to meet again at the Stanford house at 401 West Garnett Street in Gainesville, Texas. These meetings will be planned for January through May on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 10:15. Check our Facebook page for program or location updates. Our theme for this year is flexibility!