BE SAFE! VOTE EARLY! VOTE BY MAIL!
Now is the time to plan your voting strategy for the Primary Runoff Election! If you can, please vote by mail. If you must go to the polls, plan to vote early and try to go at a time when lines are shorter. The Texas Retired Teachers Association (TRTA) advises its members to wear a mask and use social distancing while at the polls.
You may click here to see who is on the ballot.
Election Dates – Checklist
- Vote by mail application received by deadline: July 2, 2020
- Early Voting Period: June 29, 2020 – July 10, 2020
- Ballot by Mail Return Deadlines: July 14, 2020 by 7:00 p.m.
- Primary Runoff Election Day: July 14, 2020
- If you voted in one of the party Primary Elections in March, you may only vote in that party’s primary runoff election.
- If you did not vote in the March Primary Election and you are a registered voter, you can vote in either runoff now.
- Runoff elections typically feature lower voter turnout, meaning increased voting power for organized groups like TRTA. Use your voice and show your strength! VOTE TODAY!
TRTA is a proud partner of Texas Educators Vote, a non-partisan coalition of public education and civic organizations dedicated to creating a culture of voting for educators and students in public schools. Here is a helpful resource page for researching your vote provided by the Texas Educators Vote website.
Use your voice and help educators make a positive difference at the ballot box! Please encourage your friends, family members, colleagues, and neighbors to vote, too! A handful of votes can make all the difference in a Primary Runoff election. Every vote counts!
Thank you for being a member of TRTA and supporting issues that matter to both retired and active educators by voting!