Thank you, members of the Texas Retired Teachers Association (TRTA) for joining us during Foundation Month in November, a time to honor the charitable work done by our partner organization, the Texas Retired Teachers Foundation (TRTF).
Since sending out Inside Line articles about “A Helping Hand” and the Disaster Relief Fund, TRTF has received numerous applications for assistance.
We know now is a time of great need for our members. Your generosity has helped TRTF raise $30,000 of our $100,000 goal.
We are asking those of you who are able to please consider making a small donation to TRTF to help us continue our important work and get as close to our goal as possible.
Can you please donate $5 or $10 today? Or do you know someone in your community who could donate to these important causes?
Many retirees are asking for help with very basic needs, such as paying for utility bills and groceries, medical care and prescriptions…things they cannot live without!
Inflation is hurting retirees all across the state. The more pain retirees experience, the more they need and request help from TRTF, and we want to be able to respond with financial assistance to help them through a difficult time.
TRTF’s programs can make a huge difference in a retiree’s life, and even the smallest donation, when added with small donations from others, really adds up.
TRTF is mission driven, and to accomplish our goals, we are asking for your help so we can help others.
Please help us continue our worthy and vital programs by making a donation today as a gift to honor a family member, friend, or loved one. After you have made a donation, either online or by mail, you may print and mail this lovely holiday card to the person you have honored, spreading both holiday cheer and the joy of helping Texas educators! What a wonderful way to celebrate the season and a person you care for deeply.
Your donation can support one or all of the following charitable programs:
- “A Helping Hand”
- assists public education retirees with emergency financial assistance for a short-term hardship, such as home or auto repairs, medical or dental bills, utility bills, groceries, and much more
- Disaster Relief Fund
- assists public education employees and retirees who require emergency financial assistance for a short-term hardship due to an unforeseen and widespread disaster
- Beginning Teacher Scholarships
- offers funds to first-year teachers to support the cost of certification tests and test results, as well as for purchasing resources for their first classroom
- Classroom Assistance Grants
- impacts not only the lives of the educators, but the many students that they influence every day, by supporting the cost of classroom projects
- Lehr-Pritchard Endowment Fund
- Funds donated to the Lehr-Pritchard Endowment will be invested and earnings will be used to fund the “A Helping Hand” program.
Please Donate Today
Please consider making your tax-deductible charitable contribution to TRTF. You may donate online here or use our mailing address at 313 E. 12th Street Suite 220, Austin, Texas 78701.