- TRTA members—it’s MEMBERSHIP MONDAY! If you have already paid your TRTA dues, THANK YOU!
- TRTA First Vice-President Ella Gauthier reminds us all in the video below that there is Magic in Membership!
- Let your fellow retirees who are not yet members know why the coming legislative session is so important and that TRTA MEMBERSHIP IS MAGICAL!
- Send this email to friends or colleagues who support our cause and ask them to join TRTA!
- Post on your favorite social media about joining TRTA and share Ella’s video! Let’s grow together and win more voices in our efforts to help TRS retirees.
In 2023, TRTA will celebrate its 70th anniversary! Like Ella says, we must work hard to achieve our 100,000 members for that wonderful occasion. Share with fellow retirees the “magic” of membership in TRTA!
Here’s a great message you can share with someone who needs to join TRTA:
“The Texas Retired Teachers Association (TRTA) is working to pass a cost-of-living increase (COLA)! Inflationary pressure on seniors is at its highest amount in more than 40 years!
The state has a huge budget surplus, and we are now less than three months away from what will be a challenging legislative session.
The work needed to get the Legislature to pass a COLA for TRS retirees starts WITH YOU.
By joining TRTA, you are making a choice to protect and improve your retirement benefits.
Band with us and amplify retirees’ voices in the Legislature! Let’s go into the 88th Legislative Session with 100,000 members or more!”
This message was sent to all Inside Line subscribers regardless of membership status.
Remember, your membership in TRTA is MAGIC! It brings with it a voice with our legislators, opportunities for fun, fellowship, and service projects, local chapter programs that energize and inform, and benefits that enrich our lives. Encourage your friends to become an integral part of the Magic of TRTA. Let us celebrate our 70th birthday with a big wins—100,000 members and a COLA!
Be sure to download the TRTA app to receive all of the latest updates and communicate with your fellow retirees.