- In a previous version of this Inside Line, TRTA had the incorrect dates listed for the early voting period. The correct timeframe for early voting in the November General Election is October 13 through October 30, 2020, not October 19 through October 30. We apologize for the error!
Voting safely during the COVID-19 pandemic is a common theme being shared around the 2020 November General Election. September 1 is just ten short weeks away from General Election day on Tuesday, November 3. The election is as important as ever, and we know that members of the Texas Retired Teacher Association (TRTA) want to be prepared for anything that comes their way.
Over the next ten weeks, TRTA hopes to be your one-stop shop for voting safely and to find non-partisan information on how, when, and where to cast your vote.
Mark Your Calendars!
The first thing you need to do to prepare is add several important dates to your preparation calendar!
- October 5, 2020 — Last Day to Register to Vote
• October 23, 2020 — Vote by mail application due
• October 13-30, 2020 — Early Voting
• November 3, 2020 • 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. — Election Day
Get Registered and More!
As you research the candidates that will be on your ballot and make your choices, we hope you will use the Inside Line and other TRTA resources. We also encourage all members to consider their safety when voting. Remember, if you are age 65 or older or disabled, you are eligible to use a mail-in ballot. Mail-in voting is simple and easy and is a safe alternative for retirees who have health concerns.
If you have not registered to vote or have not applied for a mail-in ballot this year, please so do as soon as possible to make sure you get all the tools you need. Contact your county elections administrator through your county government offices to register or request an application for a mail-in ballot.
- A non-partisan, personalized voter information tool that allows voters to research the candidates on their ballot based on their address and zip code.
Thank you for being a member of TRTA and supporting issues that affect retired Texas public school personnel. We hope all of our members are doing well and making their voting plans now! Please stay safe, and either vote by mail or make a plan to vote during the early voting period and avoid long lines and big crowds. Stay tuned to the Inside Line for additional information as we get closer to the election.