TRS Board of Trustees to Meet April 17, Federal Stimulus Application Available for Non-Filers

The Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet this Friday, April 17. The meeting will be conducted by videoconference in accordance with the Governor’s authorization concerning suspension of certain open meeting law requirements in response to the Covid-19 (coronavirus) disaster. A quorum of members of the Board will still participate in the meeting and the meeting will be audible to the public.

Members of the public will be able to view a live webcast of the TRS Board of Trustees meeting (please note this link will not be live until the meeting comes to order at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, April 17).

Members of the public may provide public comment by registering first with the Board Secretary by submitting an email to identifying the name of the speaker and topic, no later than 8:00 a.m. on April 17, 2020. Ms. Farrell will provide instructions how to participate.

The meeting agenda is available here.

Applying for Federal Stimulus Payment Information for Non-Filers

If you don’t file taxes, you may use the “Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here” application to provide simple information so you can get your federal stimulus payment.

You should use this application if:

  • You did not file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return because your gross income was under $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples). This includes people who had no income.
  • You weren’t required to file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return for other reasons

You can provide the necessary information to the IRS easily and quickly for no fee through Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info.

  • The IRS will use this information to determine your eligibility and payment amount and send you an Economic Impact Payment. After providing this information you won’t need to take any additional action.

If you receive these benefits, the IRS already has your information and you will receive $1,200. Do not use this application if you receive:

  • Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits
  • Railroad Retirement and Survivor Benefits

Related News